Santiago, Chile Temple

Santiago, Chile Temple
Santiago, Chile Temple

Monday, July 20, 2015

Elder Magnusson's testimony

We received this hand written letter in the mail (which I have typed up below) while our family was away on vacation for the past 3 weeks.   Elder Magnusson wrote the letter during his last week in the MTC.  

Yo Family,

This is my last week in the CCM.  It has been a long 6 weeks, but at the same time, it has gone by really fast.  I think back to my last days in the USA and that feels like years ago, but the weeks here fly.  I feel like the Sundays here are separated by only a few days.

Anyway, I have learned so much here about The Gospel and myself.  My testimony has grown so much.  There is no way that the Book of Mormon was written by someone who wasn’t inspired by God.  I have a new love for Joseph Smith.

The thing that is amazing to me is how the church is still standing after sending 18, 19, and 20 year old out on missions.  After spending 6 weeks with 200 of these missionaries, it is amazing.  But I have come to find out that these are some of God’s most special children.  They were sent here for different reasons, but each was sent by God through inspiration.

I can’t wait to get out into the field, but I am so scared.  I am nowhere near where I want to be with Spanish, but that is ok.  My trust is in the Lord.  There are 4 scriptures that have been my rock these past 6 weeks.

Mosiah 23:10
10 Nevertheless, after much tribulation, the Lord did hear my cries, and did answer my prayers, and has made me an instrument in his hands in bringing so many of you to a knowledge of his truth.
Alma 17:11
11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.
Alma 26:12
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
Ether 12:27
 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

I have come to love these scriptures

I love you all and I miss you so much, but I am doing really well.  I love being a missionary.  I have never felt The Spirit so much.  I love it!  I no longer think of myself as Sam, but as Elder Magnusson.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he really did see God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  President Monson is the prophet today.

Thank you for your prayers.  I really do need them.  I love you all!

-Elder Magnusson

No comments:

Post a Comment