Santiago, Chile Temple

Santiago, Chile Temple
Santiago, Chile Temple

Monday, August 3, 2015

"I'm loving the work more and more!"

family and friends!! what is up?!

this week was by far the best week in the mission. i figured out the reason things are hard is partly because of my pride and attitude. i have to get control over this, so i tried extra hard to do better and boy did it make a difference. i tried to focus more on the people and not myself. i tried to love the work more and not myself. i tried to focus more on the Lord and not myself and it paid off. why did i not figure this out earlier?  don’t get me wrong. it was still hard, but a 10000Xs better. 

a missionary’s biggest enemy is time. there is either not enough or too much of it. between the hours of 3:30 until 7:30 is dead. we try to find people to teach but it is hard and then boom! work work work, which is good, but 2 hours isn’t enough time to see everyone that we need to. everyone gets off work at 7 o’clock. time management is a huge skill that i wish i had. 

i have made a huge jump this week in understanding people. i am able to follow conversations more which is super good. i cant really add to the conversation because once i figured out what they said and formed a good comment in my mind the conversation is already 2 stories ahead of me. but, it is soooo nice to understand more. 

this week i felt my first earthquake in chile. it was a 5.3. it lasted only a few seconds, but it was enough to get my heart going. these are pretty common here. everyone keeps telling me to wait for the big one. 

everyday when we are riding our bikes someone we pass will say… “hello, how are you?!” it is the funniest thing ever. it happens so much that my comp and i kept an average of how many times a day it happened for 2 weeks. the average is 3.8 times per day. sometimes if we don’t have any set lesson we talk to the people.  i ask them if they know english and they all say, yes. i then ask them a super simple question in english really slow and they all say that they cant understand it or speak it but they can read it. litterally everyone "knows" how to read english. its kinda funny. 

i taught my comp the saying, "waz up, baby” and he honestly cant stop saying it. he says it in church,  in the street, while contacting,  everywhere.... it is one of my favorite things in the world because he is so funny.

i am getting out of survival mode and more into missionary mode. it has been a good growing week and i am loving the work more and more!! i know this gospel is true and that it will bless your life. if you haven’t read the Book of Mormon,  READ IT!!! the words in it are true and were written by inspired men called of God. 
You can also see the video by clicking here

I love you all!

elder magnusson

No comments:

Post a Comment