Santiago, Chile Temple

Santiago, Chile Temple
Santiago, Chile Temple

Monday, November 9, 2015

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Elder Magnusson figured out how to download pictures.  Hallelujah!  He didn't send any explanations on who's who or what's what in each picture.  We are just happy to see his smiling or expression filled face.   
















first and foremost, happy birthday to the man that gave me  life. i hope you have a good day tomorrow. I love you dad.

So I am here in down town Rancagua, in the sector Recreo. ok, it is soooooo different than my last area. first off it is one of the richest sectors in the mission. in one of my last letters i said that i miss grass. i take that back. Grass means that the people are rich and want nothing to do with us. almost every house here has grass. like this secor is realllllly rich. like there are parts that would be nice in the states and that is saying something. i have had more people be rude to me here in this past week than my whole mission.

that being said there are still people here that like us. we don’t have a lot of investigators so we spend a lot of time contacting. we spent the whole week  in the street contacting and on saturday it payed off. we found 3 new investigators. we are pretty excited about them. we have appointments with all of them this week so we will see how they turn out.

my comp is pretty cool. he has 20 months in the mission so he knows what he is doing. I have a lot of trust in him. he is on fire. he is doing really good. i am happy to be with him. he doesn’t know a word of engish so my spanish is doing really good right now. and i mean that. things are starting to click in my mind . we are on foot which makes us talk in the street so things are improving with my spanish.

we live in a really nice apartment building. which is completely different than my last sector. my old house was one of the worst in the mission.  we live alone but there are 2 other sets of missionaries that live a few doors down from us so we hang out with them every night which is fun.

the ward here is good. we have lunch everyday with the sister missionaries which is pretty fun. also the ward is huge!! like 120 people come every week. that is pretty good for chile. in my last secor we did a lot to keep the branch afloat but here we don’t have to do much which is nice.

i don’t know what else to write about. things are good here but it is definitely going to be a hard sector. that’s ok though. it will help me with patience.

thanks to everyone. i am doing really well. i love you all and the church is true.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elder. Pdte. Terrill here. So nice to hear about your mission and to see the fotos. I will say that I unabashedly love the Chilean people. I know you do too, It seems obvious.
    I have a feeling your dad is a fantastic WML. Really stretching, if you have not heard that from him. Thanks for the heads up that today is his birthday.
    Adelante, hermano. Que bueno que seas misionero! Que bien que seas digno de servir. Carinos a mis queridos Chilenos. H Terrill

    ReplyDelete